Sunday 23 August 2015

Clanrats

so i havent blogged too much recently. havent really had the time. so my infrequency to post things is purely based on me having free hobby time. ive made a ruck load of graphics, tiles, speelbooks for AHQ this year so will be posting these up shortly.

but my job at hand is fleshing out my bestiary. whilst most recent posts have followed along the lines of skaven, this post is no different, with 1 exception.
I GOT LAZY!!!
yup. too many things to paint with very little time to do so.
i also have to state. whilst skaven are great creatures. they arent particularly inspiring to paint. so having a mountian of figures to paint can be daunting. so i went for the very basic method of base colours and washes for a average table top standard

so here they are
whilst they would probably only get a 4 or a 5 on CMON. it doesnt really matter. what does matter is that i now have 15 clanrats ready to drop into my dungeon

so far ive got the skaven slaves.
rat ogres
and these boys.

so my decision to go basic painting on the basic models should hopefully pay off. and later on when i start doing characters and the more 'special' ones. i can apply a better paint job to those to help them stand out on the table.
so there we have it. one of my very rare blog posts..
sometimes i wonder if i just post to myself on here. i never get much feedback on things and whenever i try to kickstart a discussion i get no responses. maybe this leads to the infrequency of my posts i dont know. but be sure of one thing..ill still be posting what i create. even if it does pan out more as a personal library
:)

see you in 6 months lol

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you scroll through your comments and see this one, but I've been going through your blog archive, reading all of them start to finish. Colour me very impressed and I like your humble attitude to your painting level (but you're far better than you give yourself credit for). Keep it up, most people who come along to see your blog won't comment, but they're looking :-). Cheers - Mark, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much for the kind comments. i probably am humble in my approach. some stuff turns out pretty good some stuff pretty bog standard. i like to think im a realist on my levels of skill with a paint brush. but again thank you for the kind words. its much appreciated :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.