Monday 17 November 2014

THE HEROES



so another long standing project that stems way back to mid last year where I set up my own challenge to create/sculpt the heroes that I wanted for heroquest. having used various proxy figs over the years, I basically wanted my own, in my view. and with that i first created a kit bashed barbarian
BARBARIAN
and then i set about sculpting my very first ever full miniature in the Dwarf
DWARF
and then proceeded with the others. next i finished up on the wizard
WIZARD
and very swiftly followed up by the elf
ELF
at this point i sent them off to be cast. with quite a few members of ye olde inn nabbing the limited run of these 3 brand new figures. i believe these can still be nabbed over at zealot miniatures for a very reasonable price
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/

with that came 2015 where my hobby tie got stripped right back. having these sitting round for quite quite a few months with me unable to find the time to paint these up, sitting on my shelf waiting for the day i could finish them off. and showcase them all as a group as i am doing so here.

so anyways, now they are done. and im quite happy, my first project into full miniature sculpting as well as finally completing my own personal collection of Heroquest Heroes.
so heres a few more shots to showcase them a little.








i also gave my skellies an additional wash of seraphim sepia to give them a more of a old dirtier look

well there you have it..hope you enjoyed :)

10 comments:

  1. It's great to see all four painted up together. Glad you realized your dream, and I hope to see a Barbarian cast for the rest of us one day.
    -Daedalus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh. its been a long time coming what with setting myself ridiculous hobby tasks and very little time to give. but im glad ive hit a milestone here....sorry no plans to make a barbarian though :(

      Delete
  2. Mate, that is impressive!
    And I thought I'd seen everything HeroQuest on the web, how did I miss this blog??

    Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much. im not one of these multiple blog posts a day sorta of people. so maybe my stuff lies relatively low on google searches and stuff? i dunno. im interested how you found your way here?

      Delete
    2. I struggle to get multiple blog posts a week!
      Um, I think you were featured on the sidebar of another 'Oldhammer' style blog? Might have been Kings Miniatures or something like that?

      Ace

      Delete
    3. hehe thanks for getting back. and yeh i struggle to do 1 a week lol,
      always nice to know how people founds their way here :)

      Delete
  3. Kev White (Hasslefree) is the master of sculpting muscle isn't he? Wolf the Barbarian is a shining example of this. I added hair to mine also: https://hitstokill.blogspot.com/2014/04/painting-table-saturday-22-hasslefree.html - although my fave would have to be his half-ogre: https://hitstokill.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-whole-half-ogre-mjolnir-haxelfrei.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nicely done. hasslefree kick out some pretty sweet sculpts thats for sure :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.